Learn how to Teach Like a Pro!
Welcome, online educators, to your page for all things teaching!
Being an online tutor is one of the most rewarding roles one can play because passing the baton of knowledge empowers the teacher and instills something special in all students you interact with.
On this page, you will find tips, funny stories, and methods you can use in your online classes.
So, if you are keen to share your knowledge with the world while seated at home in your pajama pants, join the movement and become an online tutor!
P.S. Feel free to send your teaching questions!
What our programme will focus on:
The programme runs over five 25 min long classes
- What is an online tutor?
- Roles and responsibilities
- What you are not
- Study your student
- Preview the material and understand it well
In the classroom:
- Camera etiquette
- Adaptation: Adapt to your students preferences
- Opening the platform for your student
- Rude students
- Private vs group classes
- Junior classes vs adult classes
- Lesson material (creating and utilizing)
- Teaching styles n speaking speed
- Student levels
- Hot topics: topics that most students enjoy
- No go zone topics: topics to stay away from unless initiated by your student
- Cultural sensitivity: what may be friendly and kind to you may come across as rude or assumptuous.
- Questions galore! Ask your students follow-up questions
- Pardon? : when you and your student are just not understanding each other.
- Oops!: teachers make mistakes too!
- Awkward moments…
- Assumptions can kill!
After the class
- Filling lesson reports
- Make note of your student
FREE Gifts Just Because You’re Awesome!
1. Ebook! Containing all the information presented in your class for you to go over after your training course.
2. TEFL certificate assistance after the completion of the course.